Monday 16 February 2009

Mountain Equipment Presents: Dave McLeod's Lecture Series

Sunday 8th March


Dave will be in transition for the evening to deliver two Lectures consisting of:


5pm 'Training For Climbing'


"The lecture on training for climbing will be my first of this type. Many years ago when I’d not long started climbing I heard that the famous training guru Marius Morstad was giving a lecture on training for climbing at the Kendal Mountain Festival. I had to go to it! It made me go to the festival for the first time and I loved hearing what Marius had to say about a subject I was massively interested in. So now I’ve been immersed in this subject ever since I’m going to try and do something similar and pass on the most important elements that I’ve seen help climbers continue to break into new grades as the years go on."


7pm 'Safe is Risky'


"In ‘Safe is Risky’ I talk about my two year preparation for climbing Echo Wall, centred around how my attitude to risk in climbing and life developed and allowed me to be 100% sure I was ready for the hardest trad route in the UK."


Having been to Dave's lectures before i can highly reccomend coming along to hear what he has to say as i'm sure it will be a great insight into his exploits, experiences and expectations...


Tickets available from http://www.davemcleod.com/ or Transition Extreme. They're £8 each or £12 for both so hurry as they're going like hot cakes!